Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

The morning was unusually calm. My husband took Little J to get Starbucks (my favorite!) for breakfast. They came home with flowers and cards, then Daddy took Little J to swim class- so Mayhem and I spent a quiet hour home alone. Then, we packed up the car and headed to my parents house to spend a relaxing morning with them. It was everything I hoped it would be! My parents had brunch all ready for us when we arrived- delicious scones, chocolate croissants, fresh fruit, and even mimosas! The boys played outside for most of the morning. Little J found some snails in the corner of the yard. Mayhem had to check that out.



Mayhem ran himself ragged- enjoying playing with Daddy, going down the slide, chasing the dogs, and the California sunshine. He even fit in a little badminton.



After we wore everyone out, we went home for nap time and they BOTH slept for two solid hours. That was their Mother's Day gift to me!



I felt so blessed to be a mother to such wonderful boys. I am continuously amazed at how lucky I am as a parent. Each of them is so special in their own way, full of love and joy. How could you not feel lucky with two beautiful, happy children to spend a peaceful Sunday with! Thanks to my mom too- for making the day relaxing and special! I know she had to clean up after us when we left... love you, Mom!

What did you do for Mother's Day?

1 comments: