Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Third Pregnancy~ How Things are Different This Time

With my first pregnancy, I was young. I was 25, obviously early in my career, and trying hard to prove myself. I worked at private company with a lot of people my age, competing to prove ourselves to the partners. I wasn't at all focused on 'fashion', but rather slept as late as I possibly could and rolled into work with my hair up almost every day.

At this point in my life (five and a half years later), I feel that I have proven myself to be a hard-working individual. I do what I need to do in order to get the work done. I have also made my appearance more of a priority, because I feel better about myself when I do. Not that I am by any means 'high maintenance'- I still get ready from waking up to leaving (including a shower) in 30 minutes. But I dry my hair every morning, and make an effort to look somewhat put together. My sister has helped me out, with makeup tips and accessory purchases.

Anyway, this weekend I was going through my maternity clothes. Most of them were purchased in 2007/08. Yes, I've had a second baby since then- but most of my work clothes are from my first pregnancy. I realized that things have changed since then! I was an XS, for one thing. I'm now wearing what I like to call sh-medium. Small or medium, depending on the fit. Also, my pants size was 2 sizes smaller when I started out with the first pregnancy. And, even the styles have changed. My pants are all very wide in the leg, whereas now everything is 'skinny.' Long story short, I was thinking I wouldn't need any maternity clothes- but now I'm thinking I at least need to get to the tailors!



Have any of you experienced this problem? Any words of wisdom would be very helpful!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment