Thursday, February 2, 2012

Daddy's Home!

 

In a recent switcheroo, my husband now gets home earlier than I do in the evening. When I walked in the door last night, I realized three things:

1. He was cooking. Well, it was a quesadilla, but I have to give him credit.



2. My baby had a black eye. Learning to walk is dangerous! I wish I could bubble wrap him for the next few months.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="247" caption="image source: http://thegloss.com/fashion/gallery-happy-national-bubble-wrap-appreciation-day/gallery-page/9/"]Image[/caption]

3. I was not in a huge rush to do anything! Pretty amazing, right?!

When I learned that I would be home later than him, I'll be honest- I was worried.  Worried that things would not get done, worried that getting home later would somehow not work, just worried. I'm not sure what exactly I expected. I think as a mother there is a feeling that no one else can do it 'right'. Maybe it's just me. And maybe I want it to be that way, because like I think the boys (all three of them) need me.

I was so relieved, that I couldn't help but smile.  No one was hurt, well, minus the black eye from earlier in the day. Everyone was eating.  Everyone was FINE. It's not that I have no faith in my husband, really! He just doesn't usually have to juggle the household chaos alone, and I'm used to it.

When I walked in the door, I heard, "MOMMY!" coming from the kitchen.  It was actually kind of nice, but I was happy that Daddy was home... and we were all together, even if it was a little later in the evening. Have you had to work late?  What was your experience?

1 comments:

  1. Well you are a bit of a control freak... but glad he's helping out. Aww poor Zachary :(

    ReplyDelete