Thursday, September 5, 2013

Home Renovations

Now that we have moved into our home, we got started right away on our construction projects. We're doing two main things. First, we're adding a 4th bedroom, by cutting the master bedroom in half. Secondly, we're completely gutting the master bedroom.

An 'in process' shot of our bedroom
The 4th bedroom still needs a closet, and then we can paint it and set it up. I still feel like we're not really moved in, since we have so much of our 'stuff' in the garage. But little by little we're getting there.

The addition of the 4th bedroom will require a new entrance, as well. Below is a photo of the progress on that task. This particular item took a while to figure out the best way to enter the 'new' bedroom. I'm happy with how it's turning out!


And the master bathroom is gutted, can't wait to see what it looks like complete! The bathtub ending up coming out too, so there is literally nothing left. Today, the shower got framed, and the tile was ordered.


Have you gone through this process? I'm really glad it's not our kitchen, as I've lived through that in my parents' house. Tell me your home renovation stories!

2 comments:

  1. This is exciting! I cannot wait to see pictures of it when it is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bedroom by the master would be great for a nursery!

    ReplyDelete