Tuesday, April 16, 2013

From Honolulu to Home: a DIY Honey and Yogurt Face Mask

After I posted about our family trip to Maui, I was contacted by Kendra Thornton, former Director of Communications for Orbitz. I am honored to present the following guest post!

Image

Spring.

Something about the arrival of thaw and promise of warmer weather just seems to put us back in touch with nature and makes us want to relax. As a mom, I know I could use a nice little treat after dealing with kiddos with cabin fever all winter! However, I've recently found myself asking why we only let ourselves relax and refresh a few times a year. Being a mom is a full-time job; why not take a break a little more often?


The thought of relaxation brings me back to a particularly enjoyable stay in Honolulu at Kahala's Hotel Resort and Spa, which rates as one of the top hotels in Honolulu.  From the time spent on the beach to the beautiful sunset at dinner, the Kahala stands in my mind as one of my most serene memories.

But by far the most relaxing and refreshing part of my trip was when the Kahala Spa staff introduced me to their moisturizing facial, which left my skin feeling like new.  When I returned to Chicago, I knew I had found what a beauty remedy that would be a staple in my household.... and all without leaving the comfort of my own home!

The honey and yogurt face mask can be made right from your kitchen and will leave your skin smooth and revitalized.

To recreate serenity in your very own home, you'll need:

Honey and Yogurt Face Mask
-1/2 cup plain yogurt
-2 tablespoons aloe vera gel
-1 tablespoon honey
-1/2 peeled cucumber
-A few drops of chamomile oil

I recommend grating the cucumber to release the juices and help it blend. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl with a rubber spatula. If your daily beauty regimen tends to be a little harsh on your skin, the honey and yogurt will help moisturize while the aloe releases its healing powers.

Apply the mixture evenly, avoiding the eyes and nostrils. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water.

As mothers we can’t always be on the beach or at the spa; but with this DIY beauty mask your skin can still feel repaired and rejuvenated.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment