Monday, October 8, 2012

Taking Time Out

It's been a hot summer in So Cal. We've all been complaining about the heat, and looking forward to Fall. Knowing that 'fall weather' here is anything under 72 degrees, or 'gasp' even potentially some RAIN! We haven't taken advantage of living 10 minutes away from the beach this summer. We've been busy, caught up, working, sick, you name it. There have been weekends where I felt trapped, unable to get out of the house at all.

This weekend, I told my husband that we should head to the beach. I said, "It will be good for our souls." I'm sure he thought I was crazy- but sometimes I just need to get out of the house! So we packed up the boys, and headed west. We spent the morning in Laguna Beach, playing in the sand and just enjoying being outside.

[caption id="attachment_937" align="aligncenter" width="420"] Laguna Beach, California - October 2012[/caption]

It was so nice to see them all smiling, and enjoying each other. It made me take a deep breath, and remember that THESE GUYS are what is important. How do you take 'time out' with your family?

0 comments:

Post a Comment