Friday, October 14, 2011

Evolution

After watching "Up All Night" with Christina Applegate, and seeing her character deal with the changes to your personal relationships that occur after becoming a mother- I went to see a few girls from high school that I haven't seen in ten years. We found each other on Facebook, saw our babies were all born within 5 months of each other- and met up today for lunch. It was so interesting to not only see these women as mothers, but also to see how much had changed in all our lives since we last saw each other.

For the two women I met up with, it was their first baby. For me, it was my second. I saw a bit of my former self in each of them, worrying about the details, worrying about germs, what classes to sign the babies up for, how many mommy friends they have... I felt all of those things, but I don't anymore! Now I know that if my child is happy and taken care of, then I am succeeding. I also know that there is no need to stress about germs, because you can't escape them. And I know that you have to do what works for you- not what other people tell you are the 'right things' or the things you are 'supposed to do'. I guess we all get there in our own time.

1 comments:

  1. haha you do realize one of your children is a germophobe? :p

    ReplyDelete