Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Mayhem Turned 6!

Well, we got off to a rough start... 

He wanted a Sonic birthday party. Fine, I figured. I have a Cricut, I can do whatever theme he wants! We booked his party at the location he selected, and we chose 10 a.m. Unfortunately, this meant no pizza. But we had a plan! We would do a breakfast buffet, with a cereal bar! He was so excited.

I searched Pinterest for an 'easy' birthday cake to make for his party. I found one that looked relatively simple. But of course, he wanted to make a 'green Sonic' with chocolate AND vanilla. So we went to the store, found some marble cake mix and green icing. I mixed the vanilla icing with a little brown icing to make the tan color. I was ready! Then I put the green icing on our cake. You can see below that it didn't go well... The party was the next morning, I decided cupcakes were the way to go!  No problem. 


Hubs was sick (of course!), so the morning of the party I'm scrambling to get the three boys ready, myself ready, and pack the car with the goodie bags, cake, and all the food for the breakfast buffet. 


As I'm loading my youngest son into the car, I left a tray of muffins on the kitchen counter... Have I mentioned that I have the WORST DOG EVER?! She grabbed the tray, pulled it off the counter... BROKE THE TRAY.. and started eating my kid's birthday food. Couldn't she have eaten the green Sonic cake?! No.


Thankfully, the breakfast buffet turned out well. We had muffins, croissants, three different kinds of cereal, milk, Cuties, and donut holes. And of course, cupcakes! All that matters is that the Birthday Boy was happy.

Happy 6th Birthday, Mayhem! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment